Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring clean yourself 5: Under-eye care

When it comes to personal appearance, besides my hair, I am probably most self-conscious about my dark, sometimes-puffy circles under my eyes. I think I can partially blame genetics for this ailment, but I also notice that waking up Monday through Friday between 5 and 5:30 a.m. 10 months of the year (I love you, summer) exacerbates the problem, no matter how many hours of sleep I get. On the weekends, even though I am just getting my standard 8 hours of sleep that I get during the week, just waking up a couple hours later seems to do the trick.

But when I have no other choice as to when I get up, lately I have found myself reaching for this product...

Product 9: Korres Sugar Crystal Antioxidant Collection Regimen Kit


For the past five years I had been using Clinique's All About Eyes cream, but lately I had been finding myself disappointed with the results. When my last batch of the Clinique product ran out a few months ago, I frantically read all the eye cream labels at Sephora, desperate for something better but not super expensive. A sales associate promised me that in her experience, this Korres eye product is the absolute best item Sephora carries. With that glowing endorsement, and the fact that this set of two items for $39.50 costs less than Clinique's All About Eyes (ringing in at $47), I figured I would give it a try.

I have not been disappointed. Granted, I have been religiously applying it in the morning and at night right before bed (the latter which I did not do as often with the Clinique product). With this religious application, my dark, sometimes-puffy circles have virtually disappeared, leaving me looking, and therefore to some degree feeling, more awake.

How to apply
First, you apply the Antioxidant Eye Treatment for puffiness and dark circles. One pump of the canister creates a button-sized amount of this sugary concoction in your palm, and that is enough to cover both your eyes. Remember to use your pinky or ring finger when applying, because those fingers have weaker muscles and are therefore less likely to damage your already-thin skin. Then you apply a similarly small amount of the Multivitamin Antioxidant Treatment over the thin layer of the Eye Treatment. This second product has a consistency more like a thin lotion.


Organization tip
For the first couple weeks I was using this product I could not keep the two bottles straight, and I was constantly finding myself struggling to read the really fine print on the labels each morning and evening. Then I came up with this solution: use a Sharpie to label the tops of the caps as 1 and 2. Now when I look down at my dresser I can easily find what I need.



The best testament I can make about this product is that, even while I have been at my palest, this product eliminated the dark circles amplified by my super pale skin. If that's not a miracle, I don't know what is.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been using eye moisturizer, but I am addicted to undereye concealer. I use Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer. Not cheap but the little tube lasts me about a year and I use it everyday. http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P54438

    ReplyDelete