Monday, April 26, 2010

Inexpensive hydrangea!

A few weeks ago when I was putting together the planters on our deck, I mentioned that I might like to find one more plant to add to our collection. I think I found that plant last week.

I have a thing for hydrangeas. I love how one flower can make a huge statement by itself.

I had green hydrangea in my bridal bouquet

and pink and green hydrangea blooms made up our low, rectangular wedding centerpieces

So, you can imagine how pleased I was last week to find healthy looking hydrangea at Costco. I know I vowed not to buy flowers anymore at Costco, but I have not sworn off Costco plants, and I've even had positive experiences with Costco plants in the past. Best news: this plant only cost $15, and I found similar ones at Wegmans for a whooping $40.

Right now Miss Hydrangea (I call her this because her tag was really cutesy and told me I could refer to her this way) is still in her original Costco pot, and I even left on the wrapping. I will decide on a better potting solution soon, but for now she is resting on this cute little chair on our deck.

One other note about this plant: Also on the cutesy tag there is a line at the end that reads "This plant is not edible" (their quotation marks, not mine). This definitely puts the tag in the running for items that need to be added to The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks, one of my grammar-snob favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment