Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tip 38: Return address rubber stamps

To round out mail week, I thought I should mention a new return address method that I love: the personalized rubber stamp. My sister-in-law Amy bought an adorable return address stamp, which I coveted, and then I decide to order my own.

Tip 38: If you're in the market for a return address stamp, The Stampin' Place's Web site is the best place I found online in terms of selection and price.

You can order pre-inked stamps (the most expensive option, at $25.95), self-inking stamps (the mid-level choice, at $22.95) or the wood-mounted red rubber stamp (the cheapest, at $15.95). Because I was making my first return address stamp purchase, I opted for the cheaper stamp variety for this trial run, so wood-mounted rubber stamp it is! After looking at all the options, I actually settled on my first love, the one just like my sister-in-law got (she has good taste!). Here is a link to the specific stamp I purchased, their product PR-90: Circle return address.

The stamp arrived quickly. It was formatted perfectly, and I've been loving it.

Here's what it looks like from the top (after my magical blurring skills to hide our address).



Here's the rubber portion of the stamp.

Right now I have two colors of ink. This is part of the reason why I decided to get this wood-mounted stamp -- so that I could easily change colors and not spend a lot of money. I have black ink and gold ink. I love the look of gold ink on red paper.

When it comes to sending business mailings, I stick to the free return address stickers we have in excess from various charities, but for fun personal mailings I prefer this more personalized stamp.

Next up....home improvement take 1: purchasing tile for a kitchen backsplash.

2 comments:

  1. I love my rubber stamp! My husband may have teased me for deciding this was a necessary purchase, but it was totally worth it.

    I got mine here:
    http://www.sweetpapery.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Ashley, I think a lot of us can relate to the male/female attitudes toward "necessary purchases." Thanks for the great resource. What a cute site! Stamp #2 may have to come from there.

    ReplyDelete