- I placed an order on February 5.
- I received an e-mail on February 8 saying my order had shipped.
- I got my photos in the mail this afternoon, February 11 (but the speed of the mail is difficult to gauge right now thanks to the sporadic snow service).
- I ordered 37 4x6 photos on E-Surface paper at $0.29 each.
- I order 1 5x7 photo on E-Surface paper at $0.99 each.
- I opted for the cheapest shipping -- 1st Class Mail -- at $3.
- Total price: $14.72
- The default option for Mpix is matte finish, which I love -- none of those fingerprints that you get with glossy-finish photos.
- The crispness of the images is better than what I've gotten from Kodak Gallery and Snapfish, two companies I've used in the past.
- Even though Mpix is more expensive than Snapfish, it's significantly better quality. And, unlike Kodak, Mpix does not charge extra for black-and-white prints. I converted four photos into black-and-white using our iPhoto software, and these came out great in Mpix. If I had used Kodak those black-and-white prints would have cost $0.38 each.
- The site is exceptionally easy to use.
- The service and shipment was prompt.
I order photos only about once or twice a year, but even so, I think I have found my new site. I love the look of their gallery wraps, too, so sometime down the line when I take the perfect shot I'll have to order one and let you know how it goes!