Monday, June 21, 2010

Trendspotting, suburban edition: Pinkberry

During our walk tonight, Matt and I discovered that our very own open-air, suburban pedestrian mall, Fairfax Corner, is getting a Pinkberry this fall.


 Observations:

1. This trend is officially over, now that it has made its way to our open-air, suburban pedestrian mall.

2. Pinkberry is arriving about three years too late, and it is ironically going to be located next to a cupcake boutique, which arrived about five years too late.

3. Fall seems like an odd time to open a frozen yogurt establishment.

4. Even though it sounds like I am knocking it, I am still excited to walk down to the Corner, sprinkle some blackberries and Cap'n Crunch on my sour frozen yogurt, and indulge.

5. I know he has his own show now and all, but I wish Demetri Martin would still do his Trendspotting feature for The Daily Show.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited! I'm boring and never heard of pinkberry; nontheless, I can count many a time I wanted frozen yogurt while at FC and the only ice cream place is ben and jerry's! Oh and that cupcake place is my fav, so apparently I'm not a trendsetter.

    ReplyDelete