Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stick a fork in me

...I'm done!



Today was the last day of school for the students, and this year it also coincides with the last day of school for teachers, thanks to all the snow we had this winter.

I also made it out of work in record-breaking time this year. Kids left at 9:30, I left at 11:30, and I attribute this to, of course, being organized, but more importantly, not having to move classrooms next year.

Today marked the end of year seven of teaching. It was a lucky year, if I do say so. I had some pretty amazing students, many of whom I am fortunate to teach again next year. Also, it seemed appropriate that I spent a good portion of today throwing out papers and other random odds and ends that I no longer need. I managed to fill seven trash cans/bags. Seven loads of trash for seven years? Sounds about right.

As for summer work, I won't be doing much, but I did bring home three green bins with papers and notebooks. I have big organizational plans for these this summer, so stay tuned.



For now, though, I will go enjoy this most wonderful time of the year (last day of school through July 4 is always blissful). And Matt and I will do some celebratory shopping at DSW and Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment