Monday, June 14, 2010

I love gift wrap

I love wrapping gifts more than receiving gifts. I know this is probably just one in a long list of items that makes me a weirdo, but I will shout out this fact (or blog about it). Maybe it's just the plethora of pretty patterns to choose from. Maybe, more likely, it's a physical manifestation of the fact that growing up we did not celebrate holidays and therefore did not give or receive many presents. Call it what you will, I love me some gift wrap.

And this weekend I was reminded of the fact that The Container Store not only carries one of my favorite items in the world -- containers! -- but also pretty gift wrap. Specifically, I was happy with this little find I picked up for a weekend baby shower (printed on recycled paper, no less).


Oh, and I'm also a sucker for some grosgrain ribbon to finish off the gift wrap ensemble.

There are few pleasures in life better than some adorable gift wrap.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! We were recently at the Container Store but I was too busy following my toddler around to browse their gift wrap (he was pushing a small metal cart on wheels). Next time I'll have to take a closer look.

    I write a blog about gift wrapping (www.thegiftedblog.com) and love to see people share their gifts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you Steph-- nothing makes me more happy than a perfectly wrapped gift. Also, grosgrain ribbon is the best.

    ReplyDelete