Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Holes in the soles of his shoes

She's a rich girl
She don't try to hide it
Diamonds on the soles of her shoes

He's a poor boy

Empty as a pocket
Empty as a pocket with nothing to lose


~"Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes" by Paul Simon

I am not rich, but all my shoes have complete soles. My husband's shoes, though, do not. A month ago something funny happened...

Look for it...

Let's zoom in...
 
Matt's tolerance for this is exceptionally high. Mine, not so much. Of course, if he can stand a hole in his flip flops, so can I, but I could not deal with this if these were mine. We even took a rare trip to the mall over the weekend -- which I believe was mostly a way for Matt to play with an iPad -- and he even humored me and walked into a clothing store or two, but we didn't buy anything...

He's got holes in the soles of his shoes...

No comments:

Post a Comment