Monday, January 31, 2011

The rug debate is settled

After much deliberation (and several blog comments and email responses from you, dear readers, thanks!) we've reached a decision. It came down to option #3-- the Zinnia Rug in Grass/Cream by Thomas Paul on CSN -- and option #6 -- the Surya Mystique Collection M317 Green Rug from RugsUSA. Even though I was initially searching for a more aqua-colored rug -- which is why this Plain Jane from Crate and Barrel was promising -- the greens kept calling my name.

And, I kept coming back to the fact that I wanted a patterned rug. After all, our entryway is about as neutral as it can get.

So, I can't wait until this baby arrives later this week!
Go bold or go home, right?!

Without my influence, Matt also chose this as his favorite of the top two choices. This was, of course, before he knew that this rug costs twice as much as the runner-up. He asked me if I like this rug twice as much. I think I do.

But at least I got it at 25 percent off. And free shipping?!

OK, I'll just go ahead and label this one as "splurge."

3 comments:

  1. Love it! A rug is a good thing to invest in. If you take care of it, they will last a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your help, Holly! More votes for #3 helped me solidify the decision!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It will look great in your foyer :)

    ReplyDelete