You served me well from 2003-2011, old friends.
Selling the desk and chair was just one more task to check off my summer bucket list. Here's an update on the summer's progress thus far, with about two and a half weeks to go before I have to report back to work full time. You may recall our list was divided into two parts: stuff professionals are doing for us, and stuff we can do ourselves.
Stuff professionals are doing for us:
5) Get carpets cleaned throughout the house. (Found a reputable company with a good deal, so this is happening next week.)
Stuff we can do ourselves:
2) Buy actual bed frame for master bedroom. (We have a contender, but we still need to check out some more stores. We may hold off on making the purchase until the fall [see: Summer of Spending Money].)
3) Buy/make dark curtains for master bedroom. (I think I want red curtains, but I'm going to see how making nursery curtains goes first before taking this plunge. This may be a fall activity.)
5) Move bookcase from office to lower level. (We may be calling on some assistance from a family member of perhaps a neighbor....Paul??? :)
And here are a few more I didn't mention in June:
1) Recaulk bathrooms. (It's that time again, not so much to redo the bathtubs and showers as much as the caulk around the bottom of the floors.)
2) Repot indoor plants. (They're looking a little cramped.)
9) Organize scrapbook memorabilia. (I have a couple bags of stuff I need to sift through.)
10) Nursery: make no-sew curtains. (At least I have the fabric, and today I bought the rest of the supplies.)
11) Nursery: Paint.
12) Nursery: Add shelf/patch holes in closet.
14) Nursery: Refinish dresser.
15) Nursery: Buy crib. (We know which one we want, we just need to get it. But I think we'll hold off until this credit card billing cycle is complete so that my head does not explode...yikes.)
16) Buy maternity jeans. (So far I have held out on making much in the way of maternity clothing purchases, but I think that now as I am almost at the halfway point I could use one nice pair of jeans to get me through the upcoming 20 plus weeks. I'm not planning to buy anything else for the time being.)
Wow, that was therapeutic! We've made some great progress this summer, and we still have some time to tick a few more items off the list.