Friday, January 22, 2010

Tip 2: Dealing with doggies

My husband Matt and I live in a townhouse with plenty of bathrooms, bedrooms, and dogs -- 4 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, and 2 dogs, to be precise. In total between Maxwell and Doc, our Lab mixes, there is approximately 170 pounds of dog here, and therefore a lot of dog hair. Matt and I are neat freaks. Max and Doc, not so much.

After realizing that dog hair was getting me down, I made my third and final New Year's Resolution:

Tip 2: Furminate (daily!)

This little invention is an investment at first, but with frequent use it pays off. In fact, after my first two weeks of daily furmination, Matt, our resident vacuum-cleaner-operator, discovered that we reduced the pet hair in our house by at least one-third based on how many times he had to empty our vacuum cleaner -- two times in a house-vacuuming session instead of the usual three! I am sold.

At first, you'll need to spend about 10 minutes per animal per day, and I say animal because they make one for cats, too. Then you can spend just a couple minutes per animal per day to maintain what you started.

Of course, my dogs would rather eat the Furminator.

Next up...weekend routines!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your Blog from the Nest – and I'm enjoying it so far. Just wanted to say that I have 2 Westie and the Furminator is the best thing ever. :)

    ReplyDelete