Sunday, January 1, 2012

New year. New bag. Same attitude.

A year ago I got an amazing new bag. This bag is extra amazing because it looks as good today as it did when I first got it in the store.

Now as I sit here on the eve of my due date, waiting, I am ready to take my newest bag for its test run.

But we don't need a diaper bag yet, because on the eve of my due date there is still no baby.

This feeds in to my resolution. For the first time in my life I am going to carry over the previous year's resolution to the new year. Last year I resolved to accept the things I cannot change. In case you haven't figured it out, a lot of that resolution was wrapped up in my fertility problems.

Now as I sit here on the eve of my due date, reading a book about baby sleep habits, I think about all the habits I'd like to establish for our baby, all the advice I'd like to follow, and the kind of baby I'd like to have in an ideal world. And I realize, again, there is so much I am going to need to just accept that I cannot change.

Ironically, I keep trying to take really long walks to get this labor show on the road, and I know the baby is just laughing at me. She'll arrive when she's ready. It's her very first act, and it's something I can't control.

No comments:

Post a Comment