Sunday, January 15, 2012

Drumroll please....

"Holey moley me oh my
You're the apple of my eye
Girl I've never loved one like you"
-"Home" by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes

Matt and I are thrilled to announce the arrival of our baby girl.

Born Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 8:03 p.m.

Weighing in at 8 pounds, 1 ounce

20 solid inches long

Full head of dark hair, long eyelashes, long fingernails. She has her dad's cheeks.

Welcome to the world, Natalie Anna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have decided "Home" is our song for her. We loved it the moment we heard it for the first time, but now it holds really special meaning for us. (Yes, there is foreshadowing in that.) We are going to require her to dance with her father to this song at her wedding. That is the only non-negotiable requirement we have for her future.

I will share detail -- there is much much much detail than we could have imagined -- as soon as circumstances present themselves. I will also post painstakingly adorable photos when those same circumstances arise. Right now, though, we celebrate new life.

"Ahhh home
Let me come home
Home is wherever I'm with you
...
Baby I'm coming home."

4 comments:

  1. She's a heartbreaker already! We could not be happier for the new and improved Axelrod clan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Steph. She is so incredibly beautiful. Love her so much and can't wait to hold her

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Stephanie! She is beautiful!

    Katie Young (Giltinan)

    ReplyDelete