The secret weapon of my purse -- and probably any well-organized purse -- is the system I like to think of as a purse-within-a-purse. Ladies, you know that if you aren't careful, your everyday purse can become a bottomless pit for all kinds of small items. When you carry around a big enough purse like I do, it's necessary to corral all these items in a small container. (This system also makes it easier for you to switch out purses by grabbing the essentials.)
For my purse-within-a-purse, I use a simple plastic make-up bag. Today I took stock of its contents.
My purse-within-a-purse stores my:
- Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing sheets
- Tide To Go stick (you knew I had that one, right?)
- Nail file
- Work ID badge with two flash drives attached
- Orbit gum
- A small pill box
- A toothpick packet (my dentist tells me I have really deep pits in my teeth, and whenever I go out to eat I feel like I have food stuck in my back teeth)
- Kleenex packet
- Two gel pens
- Nivea lip balm
- Two types of lip gloss (Nars Orgasm and Loreal Coral Sands)
- Three extra hair ties
- A small mirror
- A bottle-opened key chain my friend bought me for my 21st birthday that has become a holder for all those key fobs from stores
If you don't have a system like this already for your purse, I highly suggest it. I started using this system a couple years ago, and it has made searching for small items so much easier.
The rest of my purse organization is pretty basic, but I thought I'd take a moment to show off my purse's awesome storage capabilities.
Over here on the left you can see my two sets of keys (work and everything else), phone, purse-within-a-purse and my sunglasses.
On the other side of the purse I store my coupon file and my umbrella. (Like an insurance salesman, I always have my umbrella with me.)
The middle zippered section is where I keep my wallet, checkbook, a small notebook and (as of yesterday) my gloves. I figure if someone wants to pick my pocket this is one more hoop he'd have to jump through.
There are two small zippered pockets -- one on the outside and one inside the right side -- that contain absolutely nothing at this moment. I love the way this purse offers so many compartments, yet it all closes up so compactly.
I am still so in love.
How about you? Do you have any amazing purse-organization secrets?