Sunday, March 27, 2011

Fave new product: Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage

Last spring as I was winding down my spring cleaning, I shared with you some of my favorite products in my Spring Clean Yourself posts. Looking back on the past year, not much has changed in my beauty routine (besides more time spent in front of the mirror yanking the occasional gray hair that creeps up). I did, though, discover Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage concealer this winter, and I'm quite happy with it.

Unlike the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer that I love so much that comes in a variety of shades (and I, of course, need to extremely white shade labeled "porcelain") this Secret Camouflage product is labeled by numbers. I still need shade number 1, which is made for the palest of the pale, but there is greater variation within an given shade because the palette comes in two parts that allows users to customize the shade to perfectly conceal imperfections based on skin tone.

The Secret Camouflage instructions recommend applying the concealer in light feather strokes, and this helpful hint has given me great success in blending the concealer into my skin. Ever since we got home from Mexico last month I've had a healthy enough glow to my skin that most days I've skipped the tinted moisturizer and just applied the Secret Camouflage. I always feel more confident when I've got a slight tan, so I hope I can keep a little color as the temperatures warm up, but I like having the Secret Camouflage to fall back on as a reliable blemish concealer. My zits will probably never completely go away, but at least I can deal with them better than I could before!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh. I love the secret camouflage. I use it for under eye concealing too.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/kandeejohnson#p/u/29/ZL3m0E8xULk

    ReplyDelete