Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pledge Pet Hair Remover: just OK

As we march steadily toward November, I am reminded of my three New Year's Resolutions. Flossing in the shower is going great (daily!), and this blog is mostly doing fine, but daily dog Furmination is not exactly fitting into my routine lately. This is, of course, problematic, seeing as we are deeply into intense-dog-hair-shedding season.

One half of the guilty party


While searching for the perfect fridge on the Consumer Reports website, Matt stumbled upon a review for the Pledge Fabric Sweeper for Pet Hair. It's the most highly rated pet hair removal system on Consumer Reports. I trust these people. So, during my last Target run I picked one up.

Now after having used it a few times, I have to say, I am not thrilled. To use this product correctly, sweep it from side to side. Unfortunately, I had to put more vigor into my sweeps than I'd like, and even with the extra elbow grease more dog hair than I'd like remained on our couch.


Consumer Reports says this product is reusable, even though Pledge does not make the same claim. I generally agree with Consumer Reports that this product should be reusable -- you should be able to remove the rollers and then remove fur that has built up in the handle. I say you should be able to remove the rollers because after removing the rollers twice I broke ours. Why did I break it? Probably because the product is not designed to be reused. Oh well. I generally dislike the idea of a disposable plastic product.


The best solution to keeping pet hair off our furniture and fabric? Continue to vacuum our furniture every week. I don't think there's a product on the market that works better than the old Dyson used frequently.

Gosh, mom, could you stop talking about how much I shed? It's embarrassing.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain with the dog hair. It seems like it just keeps coming. I found that most of these new hair removers don't work well. And the vacuum is really the best solution.

    ReplyDelete