Thursday, September 23, 2010

Correct me if I'm wrong: cable companies

So, these "free premium channels" that cable companies will throw at you sometimes are never, ever truly free, right? Never free, because they'll make you pay for it one way or another, most likely tacking those charges onto your bill and thinking you won't notice. Chalk this one up to Matt having more faith/trust in others than I do, and therefore agreeing to the "free" channels (that we never watched) in the first place.

Looks like this is another battle we're going to have to fight. Is it just me, or does it always feel like customer service -- particularly at cable companies -- never, ever get it right?

All this complaining is making me think that perhaps I chose the wrong path in life. Perhaps my calling is in consumer protection. Or, maybe I should have come up with the idea for the book Stop Getting Ripped Off. Either way, this just strengthens my determination to cancel cable -- a real money pit, if you ask me. Now I just need my tech-savvy husband to keep investigating our options and maybe prepare to make a switch this holiday season when cable-free contraptions go on sale...

In the meantime, I will continue to hate Verizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment