Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thank goodness for Thanksgiving

Of course I love the opportunity Thanksgiving affords us to catch up with friends and family, and I'm looking forward to all the social events scheduled over the next few days. But this year, what I'm perhaps just as thankful for is the opportunity to catch up on sleep.

Ever since taking a bus load of students to Kansas City, I've been exhausted. I guess midnight curfew checks will do that to you when you're used to being in bed around 9 p.m. Then add to that all the work I fell behind on while away plus newspaper deadline week, and you can imagine I've been craving some sleep.

So, I'm thankful that yesterday afternoon work ended early, and I could take a two-hour nap when I got home. And I'm thankful for the fact that after I fell asleep last night in the middle of Toy Story 3 I got 10 hours of sleep.

As for our actual Thanksgiving day plans, this afternoon and evening will be a laid-back affair with Matt's parents and Matt's brother and his wife. No one has to travel now that everyone lives in the same 15-mile radius. Lovely. And thanks to my friend Lindsay, I now have a new recipe to try out as an appetizer -- the Miraculous Blue Cheese Ball with Walnuts that she brought to our November book club. It truly was a book club miracle, and you know how much I love blue cheese.

Have a happy and restful day, wherever you may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment