Sunday, November 21, 2010

Good to know: homemade laundry detergent lasts!

Back in May I wrote to you about my DIY laundry detergent experiments. After making a huge batch of laundry detergent, I predicted I might have enough to make it through February. Well, that was hyperbole, but it turns out that this DIY detergent managed to last for over six months! And, it is getting our clothes just as clean as the chemical-laden store-bought stuff. Victory!

One of Matt's colleagues laughed at him when he found out we make our own laundry detergent. He said, "This is how I know you all don't have any children." All I have to say is that spending 10-15 minutes every six months doesn't seem like a big time commitment, kids or no kids.


Now that I've made my second successful batch of laundry detergent this weekend, it's time to find a better storage solution. The aluminum foil lid is not working out too well, but at least the detergent is pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment