Monday, November 15, 2010

We're not in Kansas anymore

Literally. We have left Kansas (City, Missouri), and we are back in the good ole VA.

After four nights and four days, we managed to bring 29 journalism students and three teachers half way across the country, safe and sound. This officially makes this my most successful overnight field trip with students.

On top of this, I think my kids actually had fun. I actually had fun. Yes, we took them to the College Basketball Experience at the Sprint Center and ice skating at the Crown Center and we ate BBQ dinner at Gates and Mexican at Los Corrals, but I think they had legitimate fun through the journalism activities during the trip too. They traveled to Kansas City, but city and activities aside, it's there that they really bonded with each other, fulfilling Dorothy's mantra "there's no place like home."



And while most teachers might find their students' gift of a magnet reading "If I only had a brain" mildly offensive, this teacher appreciates the fact that her students tied her souvenir into her Halloween costume. Thanks, guys!

1 comment:

  1. I was also at the CBE Tournament. Glad you had a good time in KC. :)

    ReplyDelete