Thursday, July 8, 2010

Toothpick cleaning insanity

With school out I figured it was time to give the house a good cleaning, especially given the fact that I hadn't done any semi-serious cleaning since spring cleaning back in early March. Oddly enough, when I was in the midst of my spring cleaning routine, I came across a blog post at Totally Together Journal about toothpick cleaning.

I balked. Toothpick cleaning? That sounded like something for insane people.

Then I looked at the knobs on our stove. They are disgusting, amplified by the fact that there's a millimeter crack between the bottom of each knob and the place where it connects to the stove.


So, I did the unthinkable: I busted out some toothpicks.

I have to say, I am amazed, and I take back anything I said about the insanity of employing toothpicks in a cleaning task.

In the middle of the job, these babies are getting better...

I don't suggest using toothpicks for much in cleaning, but Stephanie at Totally Together Journal is totally right that this is a great method for getting out that annoying grime you can't tackle any other way. Check out her site if you'd like to follow her daily cleaning schedule. It's a good place to start if you're feeling overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment