Friday, July 16, 2010

Tip 62: The button box

Tip 62: Create a designated box for all the extra buttons that come with your shirts, pants and jackets.



Today's tip is meant for people who are not avid sewers, because I know all you sewers out there no doubt have multiple containers or even rooms for all your supplies. For someone like me, with zero sewing experience, I stick to keeping extra buttons, because you never know when you might need them.

In my button box, you'll notice that I've taken the buttons out of those little clear plastic bags they come in attached to your clothing, but I've kept a few items off to the left-hand side. Those are extra hooks and sequences and other delicate items that I don't want to mix in with all the random buttons.

And, if you never lose your buttons, you can no doubt take all these extra buttons and turn them into something decorative and funky.

No comments:

Post a Comment