Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Neutrogena Naturals purifying pore scrub

I was pretty excited a few months ago when I saw a coupon for a new line of natural beauty products from Neutrogena. This company's products have consistently been my favorite drugstore brand since I was a teenager, and I was really excited to find another product with fewer harsh chemicals. I've been using a natural body wash for several years, I switched to a zero-sulfate shampoo a year and a half ago, so a healthier face wash was the next logical step.

Of course, I still consider it a bit of a gamble waiting to see whether or not a green beauty alternative is actually as good as the chemical-laden stuff. I am happy to report that this Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub is as good, if not better than, the Neutrogena acne wash I used in the past. (Yes, I will take acne to my grave, let me tell you.) The fun part I've discovered is that my skin doesn't care if I am using an acne wash or not, I will still break out, so why add more unnecessary chemicals to the mix and why not just let nature run its course?

The bottle claims that this product contains no "harsh chemical sulfates, parabens, petrochemicals, dyes, phthalates." The product is also not tested on animals.

Besides these great features, I really like the pleasing smell of the face wash. It must be the jojoba oil. Whatever it is, it's refreshing during that 6 a.m. shower. It's also reassuring to feel those tiny exfoliating beads -- it at least feels like something's working!

Finally, the price is right. A tube of this face wash lasts me three months and costs $6.99 at Ulta. You can often find coupons for this line of products in Sunday circulars (or wait for a buy one, get one 50% off deal at Ulta as I did this weekend).

Recently I've been thinking a lot about how much I spend on beauty products, and as I finish compiling my results I'll share them with you in an upcoming post. In the meantime, thank God it's June!

No comments:

Post a Comment