Monday, December 13, 2010

Simple holiday card display

OK, after hanging up the ornaments on the fan this weekend, I got a little more festive with some additional decorating around the house. Specifically, I figured out a way to display our growing collection of this year's holiday cards in the easiest way I could conjure up.

In the past I've displayed our holiday cards on the shallow shelves in our dining room. But after replacing those shallow shelves this spring, the new shelves are no longer as conducive to showing off our friends' smiling faces. I kept envisioning a clothesline-type display, but I didn't want to put any new holes in our walls and I didn't want to buy anything new, like those easy-to-remove Scotch hooks. Then, while looking at our banister, a moment of inspiration struck me, and I whipped out some spare ribbon and clothespins we never use.


Victory!


I think I just started a new holiday tradition in our house.

1 comment:

  1. Super Cute Steph! I can always count on you to come up with something creative that starts a holiday tradition in our house too! Glad you are getting down with your festive side!

    ReplyDelete