Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dog, how fitting

I've been waiting for about a week to make it official, but I think we have our first word here: "dog."

Natalie has been saying "dada" for a couple months, but she doesn't really say it to Matt. She never says "mama," but I can ask her, "Where's mama?" and about half the time she at least points at me.

But "dog"! This is where we're starting to see more consistency.

One of the dogs approaches her: "Dog."

Her sort-of creepy Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Puppy starts singing: "Dog."

She crawls over to the bookshelf and pulls out the one non-baby book I let her play with, the one filled with photos of dogs: "Dog."

At first I thought this was a total fluke, so I didn't want to get excited. But she only says "dog" when there's some type of dog -- real, fake, or in book form -- nearby.

It is clear who rules this house.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! This one goes to the dogs! Congrats on your first word, Natalie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Go Nat! What an awesome first word. I can't believe how much she has changed since that picture in the bumbo. Oh and I've seen you with that FP puppy, you love it don't lie.

    ReplyDelete