Monday, April 9, 2012

Recipe tip: Roasted eggplant with tomato and mint

Eggplant. It's one of those vegetables I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole when I was a kid but I've come to fully embrace as an adult. We've basically been cooking it one way for years, though, so I wanted to try something new. Here's a new recipe we tried out last week that caught my attention because it combines many of my favorite flavors: feta, capers, onion, and mint. That last ingredient is key. Mint is something I love in mojitos but often forget that it's such a fun addition to legitimate dinner dishes.

This recipe, like so many others we use, comes to us courtesy of the Everyday Food fairy.

In all honesty -- and if you know me this is no surprise -- Matt was in charge of making this delicious side, so I have no insights to share on the cooking process, but I thought I would send you along to Martha's site for this fantastically simple recipe. If we have you over for dinner in the future you may find this is part of the meal. And with Natalie's increasingly early bed times, entertaining guests in our home after the baby is asleep may become a primary fixture of our social lives.

1 comment: