Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tip 48: Mop and broom organization

The other week I decided I had officially had it with our mops and brooms falling all over themselves (and ourselves) in our entryway closet. Now, maybe the problem is that I had these household goods in the wrong place, but what I really needed was...

Tip 48: Hang your mops and brooms on the wall to maximize your storage space.

It took me a while to find it, but I picked up this Closetmaid broom and mop holder at Target for $7.99.

Then it took me a while to figure out where to hang it. At first I had hopes of squeezing it into our tiny laundry room, but that just wasn't logistically possible. Instead, I settled on inside the garage, and I am happy with my choice.


What's your system for these unglamorous items?

Next up...a review of a book that will help you organize your finances (just in time for book club night!).

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. I just bought this item. I'd seen great reviews all over the internet. I was excited to get it and couldn't wait to hang it up. However I can't get my items to stay up. Could you tell me what I am possible doing incorrectly. My family is laughing at me that I even thought this item could do as the pictures show. Please help me prove them wrong. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! So sorry to hear the device isn't working out for you. I really didn't do anything special. I truly just hung the two mops by their handles through those little loop things. I wish I could be more articulate and of more help. I hope some playing around with it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete